10.16.2007

I Love Our View!

While my first few days in Quito were a bit rainy and cloudy, the last 2 days have been the exact opposite!

Sunday was still rainy, so we spent much of the day at home. We went to church in the morning where we were 2 of a total 15 people attending. It was a nice, quaint mass and everyone there was so great. Ronnie and I were asked to do the presentation of the gifts...a first for me. After church we went to a buffet breakfast at a nearby hotel. The buffet had lots to offer...made-to-order omelets, sausage, cheeses, fresh fruits and ceviche (a seafood salad which Ronnie loves, but I have yet to try). We came back to the apartment and relaxed the rest of the day. Lots of football and channel surfing. Sunday night was REALLY cold in the apartment (there's no central heat). I think we've realized that an electric blanket is on our list of "to buy" items in the near future.

Yesterday morning, we went to the Embassy to get myself checked in and begin the processing to get my ID card. I got a tour of the place and met lots of people. We stopped by the commissary where we bought some more "American" products like salsa in a jar, miracle whip, pickles and pumpkin pie filling and a pie crust. We figured it will sell out as the holidays get closer so we might as well stock up now. In the afternoon I went to the hotel where our friends Bridget and Santiago are staying. They have 3 boys--a 3 mo. old and 19 mo. old twins--and wanted to start looking at apartments. I stayed with the twins, Santi and Frankie while they went on their search. They were so cute and so much fun. The only downside was they are sick...so I OD'd on Vitamin C when we got back home!

This morning I'm at home. As I mentioned earlier, the weather has changed and it is a beautiful day! As I got my breakfast ready (Fruity Pebbles with boxed milk) I decided to take a picture so you guys can get a glimpse of what our view is like. Aren't you jealous?? :)

7 comments:

Liane said...

WOW!! What a freaking view ;) Can't wait to come visit and eat Fruity Pebbles. Miss you tons already. ~Liane & Larry

Anonymous said...

AMAZING & I love that you're drinking Lechera milk, the view reminds me so much of Spain. I love that we are able to read about your days. You must try ceviche one day, it's delicious! XOXO Sof & Rob :o)

Mom said...

WOW! I want to come over for some Fruity Pebbles. :-)

Julie said...

Very nice...i'm jealous! La Lechera? Do they not have Publix 2% there, what's wrong with those people...lol! xoxo

Dad said...

Looks like you're off to a great start - we miss you so much already!! Can't wait to visit.

Hope you find the time to update your blog often and keep us all informed and jealous. Love you.
xoxoxoxox

Shawn said...

Interesting choice. I, personally, would have gone with Cocoa Pebbles. It's like having breakfast and dessert at the same time, but to each their own.

Angela said...

Amazing!
I am jealous - about the view. The boxed milk...not so much.
I'm glad everything is going well for you your first few days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails