1.07.2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

On Friday, I stopped at the APO to check the mail and was told we had a package. I was expecting it to be a birthday gift from my parents. When the box said Mrs. Field's cookies, I was a bit confused. When I opened the box I was so surprised to see this beautiful cookie cake sent from Sofia, Rob and Brandon:
On Saturday, we had a relaxing day. Ronnie wanted to buy me some new shows for my birthday so we started the day at the mall on a hunt for new shoes, but we didn't have any luck. We went to TGI Friday's for lunch then off to the spa for a couples massage. This was my first professional massage and it was fabulous!! We'll definitely be doing that again. Luckily, the spa often offers 2-for-1 specials to the Embassy so the both of us got a 45 minute massage for $55! After our massage we decided to head to another mall, but again, we had no luck with the shoes so we called it a day and headed home. Later on in the evening we met Denise for sushi then came back to the apartment until Denise's ride came. It was a great day. Since a lot of my friends here were just getting back from traveling we postponed the big night out for next weekend. We're having friends over for drinks then we're going to a bar called FlashBack. They play only 80's music and is supposed to be lots of fun! Wish you could all be here to celebrate with me.

2 comments:

sof said...

Something told me you would be updating your blog today. As Rob & I like to say, ESP-N! So happy to read that the holidays were great for you guys. Tonight, Rob had a cup of the white mocha you sent, he said YUMMY! Thanks for posting a pic of the cookie cake. Love you mucho! xoxo :o)

Mom said...

It's so exciting for us to read about what you are experiencing in Quito. The local traditions are interesting to say the least. :-)

Keep the blog going!

I Love and Miss You Both! xoxoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails