4.26.2009

Fashion Crisis Averted...

The local Presidential elections took place today in Ecuador. Because there is a voting precinct next to our church, all of the parking gets taken so they cancel mass. It would have been nice to sleep in, but we don't know what that's like these days. :) Ron wanted to surprise me and take me to Cumbaya to show me a new section with shops and restaurants that a friend told him about. As I was finishing breakfast and getting ready, Ron was in Kaitlyn's room getting her ready. Lucky for Kaitlyn, I decided to check on them and see what he was doing. Now, although Ron wanted a son when we first found out we were pregnant, he has happily adapted to his daughter. He loves dressing her and has even said that he thought he'd be sick of all the pink, but he loves it.


When I walked into the room, he was just picking out her outfit for the day. Mind you, Ron hasn't had very much experience with feminine fashion. Although he grew up with 2 sisters (and they dressed him up in skirts and makeup on occassion and called him Rhonda), like most men, he doesn't have a whole lot of fashion sense. That doesn't mean he's never had luck dressing Kaitlyn, he's done very well on quite a few occassions. However, today was a different story. He excitedly showed me the outfit he had planned for her to wear. At first, I thought he was kidding. I asked when he had gone color blind? He thought the pink and the purple looked so cute together. I agree, those colors are 2 of my favorites and honestly, you could dress Kaitlyn in a brown paper bag and she'd still look adorable, but the two pieces he had picked out just didn't work together. Luckily, he wasn't too set on it and once I disapproved he chose something else...that matched. Still in shock from his original choice, I had to take a picture of what could have been Kaitlyn's first fashion faux pas:Not only does it not match colorwise, the top is stripes and the pants are polka dots! Yes, separately (or with the correct coordinating pieces) these are adorable articles of clothing. One day, Kaitlyn will thank me and I'm just glad I was in the right place at the right time. :) Below is a great picture of Daddy and his girl dressed in the alternate outfit he chose.

3 comments:

Nana G said...

Too Funny! xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I love u Ronnie, but that was a bad choice in patterns!!!! Keep trying....practice makes perfect!!!

Daddy aka The Fashionless Father said...

I guarantee she would have looked great in it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails