5.25.2009

Will You Marry Me?

Two years ago today, Ron flew to Miami from DC for his last weekend in the States before heading to Ecuador. I, myself, had just returned from DC after spending a wonderful week with him in our nation's capitol. In my eyes, our relationship was in limbo. Although, we had been together for a couple of years, he was about to move to South America and I was staying behind.

I picked him up from the airport and we went back to my apartment. Shortly after we arrived, he started talking about our relationship. He told me he didn't want to have to say goodbye anymore and do the long distance thing, etc. I absolutely thought we were having the break-up talk. Much to my surprise, a few moments later he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was shocked! It was such a great evening and we spent the rest of the weekend together sharing the news with friends and family. A few days later, he left for Ecuador and I spent the next 4 and a half months planning our wedding. :)

3 comments:

Dad said...

I remember his unexpected (finally) phone call asking for permission.

You two certainly are great together and Kaitlyn will learn many good things from you both! I'm so happy for you.
xoxoxo

Mama G said...

And They Lived Happily Ever After,,,,,

Charmaine said...

That is absolutely one of the best and most romantic stories I've ever read. But knowing the man Ronnie is, doesn't surprise me. I hope to meet you and the kids one day, Michelle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails