9.09.2009

Website Review: Blurb.com

A couple of months ago I finally put together our honeymoon photo album. The honeymoon itself was put off, so it was fitting that the album was delayed, as well. As much as I love scrap booking, I just don't have the time (or patience) to have pictures printed, then cut them, cut and crop papers, arrange them then glue them down. It just ain't happening these days. So I decided to finally check into creating a digital scrapbook. I started by looking at Shutterfly, Kodak Gallery and other photo sites to see how their books worked. While they are all very cute and creative, I didn't like that I had to stick to their templates. The picture placement is done for you and there is no altering it. I wanted more options for the picture layouts. That's when I found Blurb. With Blurb, you create the entire book from scratch. You can change the layouts, add various backgrounds, text, etc. The possibilities are literally endless. I immediately got to work and I love the end result. It is the perfect coffee table book.
The quality of the book is great! The pages are nice and glossy and very professional. While it's not your typical scrapbook with colorful backgrounds, stickers, etc. it was so much fun to make. I've already started on Kaitlyn's First Year album using Blurb and I'm also loving the process!
Here are a few sample pages:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats beautiful, I love it, You are so creative.
Love to all
Grandma xoxoxox

Daddy said...

The honeymoon ablum was awesome!! I know Kaitlyn's will be just as good, if not better.
xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails