10.29.2009

Girly Girl

Ron and I have gone back and forth on whether or not we should get Kaitlyn's ears pierced while she's this young.  In Miami (and Latin America in general) it's common for newborn girls to leave the hospital with earrings.  We knew we didn't want to be that drastic, but we considered doing it before she turned one.  We're still unsure.  Ron and I both like the idea of her being old enough to look forward to getting her ears pierced.  I vaguely remember getting mine done so I know I was a bit older.  On the other hand, I kind of want to do it before she developes a fear of the needle.  In the meantime, without earrings she's constantly being mistaken as a boy (mostly by locals here).  She could be dressed head-to-toe in pink and someone will ask me "How old is he?" or "What's his name?"  It drives me crazy!  Of course an easy way to fix that is to put a headband or bow in her hair. 

When she was very tiny I didn't like the idea of putting those elastic headbands on her because I thought they looked uncomfortable and silly.  It wasn't until my sister gave me a "Baby's 1st Fourth" outift that came with a thicker, cotton headband that I tried on Kaitlyn and thought she looked adorable (as seen here).  I have since looked for more headbands like that, but have found NOTHING.  My sister-in-law gave me a pink one when we were home last month and it looked just as cute:

Since I've had no luck finding more of these, I decided now that her hair is a bit longer maybe a barrette would work.  Again, I searched and searched and couldn't find the kind of barrette I needed...until yesterday!

I bought a box of multicolored barrettes and tried one on her last night when Daddy got home.  Before you look at the picture let me point out a few things:  a) this was just before bathtime so don't mind the food on her face b) I know her hair is a mess, I wasn't going for perfection on the first attempt c) It took a lot longer than I wanted to actually get her to sit still so I could clip the darn thing on. :)  So, it's not the most glamorous, but I think it will work.  She'll at least have more options than just her red or pink headband.

And now maybe people will stop calling our precious little girl a BOY!

2 comments:

Nana G said...

How could anyone possibly mistake that beautiful baby girl for a boy???

Hugs and Kisses! xoxoxoxo

Sofia Miranda said...

I agree with Nana G! She is so precious. The pic where she's matching Madison is adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails