10.10.2009

New Camera Strap

I just finished my first sewing project (since college) and I'm happy to say that it was a success. Not perfect, but a success nonetheless.

From the moment I bought my Canon Rebel camera, I knew I wanted to get a fun, new camera strap cover for it. The standard strap cover is nice, but kind of boring. I checked out etsy.com and found some I really liked, I just couldn't see spending $35+ dollars for a new camera strap.

(Photo credit: etsy seller bonecalinda)

I decided to look online for some tutorials and I found quite a few. The best tutorial I found was on a site Made by Petchy. I recently bought some fabric online and decided tonight I would give it a try. As I was working on the project, a few 4 letter words may have slipped out of my mouth and at one point, I thought for sure I had messed up and it wasn't going to work at all. I decided to keep going and see if I could make it work. Once the sewing was finished, I slipped the cover on and it actually fit!!! I couldn't believe it. Again, it's not perfect and could actually classify as "sloppy", but it will work for now. And for my first project I'm calling it a success. :) Here's what a sample of a standard camera strap (I forgot to take a before picture):

And here's my new strap:


I love it!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
I'm very proud of you!!! A step at a time and before you know it you'll be making Kaitlyn's clothes. Okay, I won't go that far, but it will get easier :). Keep up the good work!!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
I'm very proud of you!!! A step at a time and before you know it, you'll be making all of Kaitlyn's clothes. Okaky, I won't go that far, but it will get easier.....patience, my dear. Keep up the good work!

Love Ya!

Mama G said...

Nice!!!

Sofia Miranda said...

You're so talented, love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails