11.25.2009

Thankful

I am thankful for...

My amazing husband.  He really is my other (and often times better) half.  I love that he makes me smile/laugh each and every day and he knows me better than anyone else (although Liane is a very close second).  We have grown up together and shared so many wonderful, once-in-a-lifetime experiences.  He is an amazing father to our precious little girl and my absolute best friend.  His hard work allows me to be at home with Kaitlyn and I am so thankful for this precious time with her.  Thank you for being my prince charming, babe! xo

Motherhood.  I feel so lucky that I have been blessed with the miraculous gift of a child.  My love for that little girl is indescribable.

My Parents.  For being so supportive of me and the decisions I've made throughout life.  Their guidance and encouragement have made me the woman I am today.  I continue to look up to you both as examples of the type of person I hope to be.  Mom, the strength you have to endure all that life throws at you and continue smiling and thinking of others is admirable.  Dad, thank you for your courage and support of our family, for being mom's pillar of strength on the days when she doesn't feel like she has any strength left, and for showing me what the epitome of hard work is.  Your unconditional love and support for each other is inspiring. 

My "other" Parents.  Thank you, Mom and Dad T, for welcoming me into your family, for raising Ronnie to be the man of dreams and for your continued love and support of our family.

Our Grandmothers.  I am so thankful that both of our Grandmothers have been blessed with the opportunity to spend another holiday season with family.  Health wise, this was a rough year for both of them.  Ron and I cried many tears and said many prayers for our Grandmothers this year.  Because of their strength and many prayers, they are both still with us.  I am also thankful that they have both been able to spend time with their great-grand daughter.


My friends.  Although they are all scattered across the nation and I don't see them often, my life is better because of each and every one of them.  No amount of time or distance can or will weaken my relationships with them...we always pick up where we leave off. 


A healthy daughter. In the past year, I have heard about and known many people with sick children. Some of them have lost the fight, some of them are still fighting and some have been blessed with cures and/or miracles. I think about and pray for them on a daily basis and I am so, so thankful that we were lucky to have Kaitlyn come into our lives without any unforeseen problems. I cannot fathom the thought of her suffering and us feeling helpless. I am thankful that both babies Eliza M. and Ashley B. are now or are on their way to being healthy little girls, that Carson is strong and has taken chemo treatments better than many adults, and that baby Andy's parents were able to hold him and show him a long lifetime of love in the short few months of his life.

Employment.  I am quite thankful that Ron has a job that offers so much to our family.  Most importantly, it puts food on our table and a roof over our heads.  We are so blessed that his work also allows us to travel.  I hate that we are so far from family, but I am thankful for the opportunity to experience and see so much of this beautiful world.

I could go on and on.  I hope you and your family have countless things to be thankful for.  And that you are thankful for them each day, not just on Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

5 comments:

Sofia Miranda said...

That is a beautiful post! We hope you have a very happy & blessed Thanksgiving! xoxo

Papa G said...

Awe...And we are thankful that you have become the extraordinary daughter/woman/mother that you are. Enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with Ron and Kaitlyn.

Love you all - can't wait to see you all in a few months!

Dad
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

We are so greatful to have one wonderful Daughter/Granddaughter in our lives. You and Ronnie and Kaitlyn mean the world to us.
Love you all xoxoxox

Mom T said...

Just beautiful!!!

Mama G said...

Love You All! xoxoxoxoxox

Related Posts with Thumbnails