3.10.2010

Pregnancy: Week 17


Week 17: Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

When I saw that an onion was this week's comparison food, all I could think of was my favorite ogre, Shrek.

Shrek: Ogres are like onions.
Donkey: They stink?
Shrek: Yes. No.
Donkey: Oh, they make you cry.
Shrek: No.
Donkey: Oh, you leave em out in the sun, they get all brown, start sproutin' little white hairs.
Shrek: NO. Layers. Onions have layers. Ogres have layers. Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers. [sighs]
Donkey: Oh, you both have layers. Oh. You know, not everybody like onions.
So, this week I'm referring to the baby as my little ogre. :)  One more week and we hope to find out if we'll be having a boy or girl ogre!  We can't wait.  I'm feeling great despite a touch of food poisoning (I think...maybe it was some crazy 24 hour bug?) I had earlier this week.  Either way, it wasn't pretty, but it's over.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails