4.11.2010

Children's Music

Lately, Kaitlyn has really been enjoying her music. I bought a Sing Along Party CD from Walmart last December. It has the usual classics: Old McDonald, Skip To My Lou, London Bridge, etc.  (I wish I could link to it, but I can't find it anywhere on the internet.)  She absolutely LOVES this CD. It's on constant rotation in the kitchen CD player and we listen to it at almost every mealtime. Since we do listen to it every. single. day., I feel the need to throw in some new stuff. There's only so much I can take of How Much Is That Doggy In The Window?!

After reading this post from Ariana at Becoming Mom, I became hopeful that I could find some music that we could both enjoy.  Her suggestions are great!  I especially love Frances England's "You & Me".  It's such an adorable song!  Ariana created an iMix of some of her favorites, which you can check out here.

While browsing some more music today, I discovered a children's CD created by none other than 80's heartthrob Rick Springfield (Jessie's Girl, Don't Talk to Strangers).  His children's CD is more lullaby than the upbeat music I'm looking for, but it still sounded great from the previews I listened to.

I'd love to hear any other suggestions any of you may have.  What are your child's favorites?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails