4.14.2010

Pregnancy: Weeks 21 & 22

I forgot to post about week 21 last week, so here it is:
Week 21: Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

And from here on out, it's monthly updates:
Pregnancy: Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

In the last week, I have really begun to feel pregnant (a.k.a. big, tired and constantly having to pee).  Keeping up with Kaitlyn (when we're out of the house) has gotten a little more difficult, mainly because I tire so easily.  I'm feeling Baby Boy more and more every day.  It's such a great feeling! Ron and I are busy making final preps for our move next month. We need to buy a lot of things in advance in order to make sure we have everything we need before our packout.  We're still researching names and have yet to find "the one".  I hope we can decide on something soon!

And because so many of you have been asking and because I'm already feeling the guilt of neglecting our second child, I present to you the first belly pic of this pregnancy.

I feel much bigger at 22 weeks this time around.  Check out 22 weeks with Kaitlyn:

3 comments:

Amy Michael said...

You look great! It's amazing how much bigger we get the second time. I was showing pretty quickly with Lia.

Michelle T. said...

Thanks, Amy! :)

Sofia Miranda said...

Beautiful, as always! You saw how quickly I showed with Ariana. Don't feel bad, nobody's belly could be bigger than mine was! :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails