7.21.2010

Pregnancy Update: Months 7 & 8

Before this baby is born, I figured I should catch up on the pregnancy updates...

Month 7 (weeks 29-32): Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.

And I'm just finishing up month 8...
Month 8 (weeks 33-36): Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.

Here's the belly at 36 weeks.  Please excuse the horrible picture.  I forgot to take the picture during the day so the lighting was bad and I didn't want to use the flash.

  • I am 36 weeks today and I can't believe we are less than a month from meeting our son!
  • Ron is already in Israel, which means I am officially on maternity medevac.  Kaitlyn and I are settled into the apartment we're renting for the summer and she is keeping me busy!  She hasn't been a very good sleeper these days, but I have learned to nap when she naps and get to bed early to make up for the lack of sleep throughout the night. 
  • I'm feeling good, just trying to stay cool in the awful South Florida heat.
  • Baby Boy T still doesn't have a name!
  • Please say a prayer that Baby Boy stays in Mommy's belly until Ron comes back.  I have really started to freak out about the thought of him arriving early and Ron not being here!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails