9.25.2010

My Song for Jonathan

A couple of months before Kaitlyn was born, I heard the Darius Rucker song, "It Won't Be Like This For Long", for the first time.  I posted about it here.  It was written about his daughter and how fast her childhood was going to fly by so he was going to cherish every moment.  It immediately struck a chord with Ron and I as we would soon be embarking on the adventures of being first time parents.  Ron soon dubbed that as "his" song for Kaitlyn and it really couldn't be more perfect.

I just came across this song and I am officially declaring it as "my" song for Jonathan. :)  It's a simple and sweet lullaby by the Dixie Chicks entitled "Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)".

You can listen to it from this YouTube video and the lyrics are below. ♥




(If reading this in email, click here to see the video)

Dragon tales and the "water is wide"
Pirate's sail and lost boys fly
Fish bite moonbeams every night
And I love you

Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

The rocket racer's all tuckered out
Superman's in pajamas on the couch
Goodnight moon, will find the mouse
And I love you
Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

God bless mommy and match box cars
God bless dad and thanks for the stars
God hears "Amen," wherever we are
And I love you

Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Godspeed
Godspeed
Sweet dreams
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

1 comment:

Karen Lisa said...

What an amazing song - even better, it's followed by Landslide, which is quite possibly the best song ever written.

Related Posts with Thumbnails