10.18.2010

I Never Want to Forget: Kaitlyn's Words & Songs

I started this blog as a way to share our overseas stories and experiences with family and friends back home.  Then Kaitlyn was born and while it is still a way to keep family and friends connected, it has also turned into somewhat of a journal of mine.  I can log onto any computer, pull up the blog and scroll through old posts and relive moments that I've written about.  It has also served as a baby book for the kids.  I can document their monthly stats and post pictures from special times in their lives.

I usually only blog about the "big" events (i.e. holidays, birthdays, travels), but lately I've realized that there are a bunch of little moments and special little things that I don't want to forget and I think this is the best place to write about them.  So, I'm going to start posting them here for the sake of posterity.  They may just be short little snippets or a random photograph of something that makes me smile today, but I know someday when we are far removed from this time in our lives, I will scroll through the blog and all of those little moments and things will make me smile again.  This quote just about sums it up: "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” ~Robert Brault

So here is my first "I Never Want to Forget" post...

*****************
As with most toddlers, Kaitlyn has her own adorable way of saying certain words and it is the cutest!  Here are some of the more recent Kaitlyn-isms.

Ah-see-lola= Osceola
Jonfin = Jonathan
Mee-ulk=milk
Wawa/Watey=Water (she pretty much says water now, but Ron still likes her to call it watey)
Uppy = up (as in, pick me up)
Kiki = Kaitlyn (I'm not sure why she calls herself Kiki, but she has from the time she could first talk.  And now we find ourselves calling her Kiki, too.)
Matoes = tomatoes
Princerella = She used to say Princesses correctly.  Then we started to teach her their individual names (i.e., Cinderella).  Since then they are all Princerella.
A doh-doh = We have no idea what this means, but she's been saying it for months.  She usually says it when she walks up to another kid and it sounds like a question.  Maybe it's some sort of secret kid-talk that we as parents aren't meant to understand.

As cute as she is when she talks, she's even more cute when she sings.  Kaitlyn (Kiki) has recently developed a love for singing.  She especially likes to sing in the car, but she has no shame and will bust out a verse of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" in the middle of the grocery store if the mood strikes her.  Here's a video I put together of her singing a few of her favorites.  I'll admit, the video is kind of lengthy (3 min 30 sec), but it was hard to edit it any further because if you ask me, every second was too precious to cut out. :)

If reading this in email, click here to see the video.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG how cute is that? she is so adorable, and of course smart.
Love to all
Grandma xoxoxo

marybeth @ www.babygoodbuys.com said...

That is sooo sweet! Your blog design is so cute!

I also want to say THANK YOU for having www.babygoodbuys.com on your blogroll. The RSS feed changed a few months ago and the one you're using doesn't update. If you have a few minutes I'd really appreciate it if you could change the URL in your blogroll to http://feeds.feedburner.com/Babygoodbuyscom

Thanks in advance!!!

Michelle T. said...

Done, Marybeth! :)

Anonymous said...

That is SO cute!!!! I can't get over how much her and Ashley look alike (guess it's the big brown eyes). Such a sweetie! Hope you are enjoying your new post- it looks amazing!
Love, The Bobriks

Related Posts with Thumbnails