10.22.2010

Loving the Yard

It's been two weeks since the kids and I arrived in Tel Aviv and moved into our new house. I'm happy to say that I really, really love it here. And I haven't even gotten out much yet. I take the kids on a walk at least once a day. We go to one of the neighborhood parks or to the beach. Just yesterday the kids and I went to the beach to watch the sunset. Or as Kaitlyn says it, to say "bye bye" to the sun. It's such a nice change from our everyday life in Quito where I wasn't getting out of the house much during the week while Ron was at work.  And if we did go on walks, we were inhaling lots nasty polluted air.

On days when I don't feel like going far, we play in the yard.  That's another huge difference from Quito, where we lived on the top floor of an apartment building in the city.  Having a yard is so nice for the kids.  Kaitlyn loves being outside, so it's nice to be able to just open the front door and play.
I know everyone wants to see pictures of the house, but I'm waiting until we get more settled (i.e. get pictures hung on the walls) before taking the photos.  Hopefully, we'll make progress on that this weekend...if we're not playing in the yard.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Love the pictures - Kaitlyn looks like she's settling in with no problem, and Jonathan's getting so big already.

Have fun with them both.
xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails