10.10.2010

Shalom from Tel Aviv!

Our family is once again complete!  After a long 18 hours of traveling, we finally arrived in Tel Aviv on Thursday afternoon.  And as much as I dreaded the long trip with the kids, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  That's mostly thanks to my mom who flew out with us to help.  There's absolutely no way I could have done it alone.  She helped carry the kids and bags and brought lots of stickers, books and dvds to entertain Kaitlyn.  Thank you so much, Mom!  I also expected Kaitlyn to get overtired and have a few meltdowns when she'd had enough of being in her car seat, but she was an angel!  She was cute, funny and generally cooperative during the entire trip.  I couldn't believe how well behaved she was and I told Ron she deserved a pet pony because of it.


And Jonathan was just as good, but if you know him, that's no surprise.

As we made our way through the airport in Tel Aviv, Kaitlyn was getting more excited about seeing her daddy.  She started pointing way ahead of us shouting "Daddy!" before we had even seen him.  Once we did see him I put her down and she ran to him with her arms open wide and a huge smile on her face.  It was precious and I know Ron loved it. 

From the airport Ron took us to see our new home.  It's a 3 story house in a nice neighborhood.  There are quite a few parks within walking distance and we can even walk to the beach from our house.  I'll post pictures of it in a separate post soon.

Ron took us to Herzliya Marina for dinner on our first night.  We had fried calamari and ceasar salads while we sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather and the sunset. 





After dinner we walked through the mall and Kaitlyn tried on a pair of shoes.
On Friday, we went grocery shopping.  It was quite an experience! Before coming here, people told me that I didn't need to learn Hebrew because everyone speaks English.  That is true.  But unless I have someone to walk through the store with me and read every label, I'm going to need to learn some Hebrew.  It was a bit overwhelming.  For the most part, I only bought what I could recognize from pictures on the packages.

On Saturday, we had lunch at the Seven Star Mall then we headed to the beach near our house.  It was just before sunset and the weather was cool and breezy.  It was gorgeous.





It took Kaitlyn a few minutes to get used to the water this time, but I know soon enough she'll be begging for us to take her back.





Jonathan loved the fresh air and the smell of the ocean so much that he completely slept through his first visit to the beach.
I just know that we'll be spending lots of time on this beach.

I really think we'll enjoy our tour in Tel Aviv.  The weather is gorgeous, the city is very kid friendly with lots of parks and playgrounds, and it's very clean and modern.  I love what I've seen so far and I'm sure there are many more things I'll love, as well. 

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Beautiful pictures, It looks like a really nice place, I'm glad your happy so far. My baby's look great.
Love to all.xoxoxox

Dad said...

What awesome pictures - it looks so beautiful. Miss you all.
xoxo

Sarah said...

I am glad you got there safe. It looks just beautiful :)

Love, Sarah

Charmaine said...

You could still be in Miami by the looks of that gorgeous place. Love the photo of Kaitlyn and Ron smoochin'. You all look great and so happy to be back together again as a family. Would love to see pix of your house inside and out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails