10.04.2010

An Unforgettable Summer

As our days in Miami are coming to an end (for now, not forever) I can't help but get a little nostalgic when I think about what a freaking amazing summer this was.  I think I will look back at the Summer of 2010 as such a pivotal time in our lives.  Kinda like how Bryan Adams looks back at the Summer of '69.  :)

Come Wednesday when we get on a one-way flight for Tel Aviv, we will have spent exactly 4 months and 3 days in Miami.  While that may not seem like a significant amount of time, we have most definitely seen some significant changes in our lives.

When we got off that plane on June 3rd, we were a family of 3 with one on the way and Kaitlyn was still our baby. Our baby. It blows my mind how much she has grown up this summer! She was still drinking from a bottle at the beginning of the summer (only at bedtime, but still) and now she'll walk around drinking from a water bottle with one hand all toddler-like. She was talking when we first came home, but now the girl speaks in sentences and she sings songs. Entire songs. How did this happen? Our baby girl has definitely turned into a big girl and it scares me that in no time she will be an even bigger girl.

One of the reasons Kaitlyn seems to have grown up so much is because of her new role as "Big Sister". We are so happy to have been able to be home for Jonathan's birth. There were lots of sacrifices, but sharing this special time with family was well worth all of them. I can't imagine not having family around to celebrate and meet the newest addition and it has been such a joy watching Kaitlyn grow closer to her Nanas, Papas, aunts and cousins.
We truly have made some incredible memories this summer. The time we've spent with friends and family has been precious and we will forever cherish it. I don't want it to come to an end, but at the same time I am very much looking forward to being a complete family again. I need my husband back and the kids need their Daddy. We have missed him SO much and I know it's been lonely for him being so far from all of us. Ron has missed out on some special time with his kids and I'm sure he's eager to make up for that time. I know it's going to be hard saying goodbye...harder than usual, I think, but it's time and I know we will enjoy the next few years in Tel Aviv making even more incredible memories.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Wow, incredible post babe! So many great memories to cherish from this summer! Way to capture them all in one blog for us to look back on. Can't wait to have you here.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being a complete family again soon and good luck with your move! Remember that we are blessed with the opportunity to come back and visit family for long stretches of time, so in a way, we get the best of both worlds. Love, The Bobriks

Related Posts with Thumbnails