11.25.2010

Thankful: 2010 Edition

I'm thankful for...

Motherhood x 2.  Just when I thought motherhood couldn't get any better...Jonathan arrives and my heart grew to fit in so much more love for our second born.  I absolutely love being a mom.  It's tough---I often times want to pull my hair out and I have minor breakdowns at least once a week, but I wouldn't change it for the world.  It is the toughest and most rewarding job and I'm blessed to have the title of "Mom".
Health.  Like last year, this year I heard so many stories of sick children and adults and lives lost too early.  The most recent being the death of a little boy from our playgroup.  A twin boy the same age as Kaitlyn (give or take a week).  I am beyond thankful that Ron, the kids and I are all healthy and hope we continue to be.

Time with Family.  This summer was such a great one.  We got to spend almost 4 straight months at home.  Kaitlyn really got to know her Grandparents, Aunts and Cousins and being close to family as we welcomed Jonathan into the world was priceless.

Modern Technology.  As hard as it is living overseas and being so far from friends and family, Ron reminds me of how good we have it now compared to when he first moved overseas 13 years ago.  When he moved to Uganda in 1998, there was no Vonage, no Tivo, and no internet at home.  Thanks to VoIP technology, we're able to talk to everyone back home for just pennies and we can keep up with most of our TV shows thanks to Tivo and the internet.  It's the little things. :)

Small miracles. This past summer and especially when we first arrived in Tel Aviv, Kaitlyn wasn't sleeping very well. She would go to bed just fine, but wake up in the middle of the night for 1-2 hours followed by a 5a.m. wake up call. It was awful. Luckily, she's snapped out of that and we now get much better sleep! It may not seem like a miracle, but it sure feels like one.

Huge miracles. In early January, I received a horrible phone call from Liane informing me that our friend and college roommate, Kim, was in the hospital. She was in a coma and her family was told she may never wake up. Apparently, someone must have told Kim that the doctors were giving her such a grim prognosis, because in true Kim fashion, she woke up (after 17 days) and proved them all wrong. Liane and I flew to Cincinatti a few weeks later and got to see her ass-kicking in person. It was amazing. She is amazing and she continues to kick butt. She paid me a surprise visit in August to attend my baby shower. It was such a wonderful surprise and I was so thrilled to see her doing so well.  She rocks!
We have so much to celebrate and be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  We wish we could be with family, but they are in our thoughts and prayers.  Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! xo

1 comment:

Papa G said...

Love the blog. We are all so proud of you and Ron, and we all have much to be thankful for. Miss you all.

Happy Thanksgiving!
XOX

Related Posts with Thumbnails