1.30.2011

Making Memories Part 2

I just finished the first month of our 2011 scrapbook.  I am loving this project!  I sometimes find that it slips my mind and I forget to take pictures throughout the week.  I often have to remind myself that the pictures don't have to be perfect, in focus, interesting to everyone, etc.  I just need to take them! 

Here's my progres so far (Go here for Week 1):

Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I love them all and have had so much fun putting them together.  I've made it really simple by using premade templates.  I just plug the pictures in, write a few words to describe each picture and it's done.  I believe keeping it simple is going to be what makes this a project I'll actually be able to finish.  I wish I had the time to get super creative, but the truth is I don't and if I waited until I had time I know it would never happen.  This is why I still haven't completed albums for Kaitlyn's First Year, our trip to the Galapagos, or our time in Ecuador.  By doing one week at a time I don't get overwhelmed.  So far, I've made sure to complete the previous weeks pages as soon as the week ends.

Some of you may look at my pages and think "Really?  A picture of the gas station?" or "Why waste a space with a picture of a bottle of vitamins?"  But that's our life.  And I'm interested in documenting all aspects of our life.  This video by Becky Higgins, creator of the Project Life series, explains it perfectly. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails