1.12.2011

Making Memories

As a mom, I feel like it's up to me to document the lives of our family and preserve the memories we make.  It's my job to take note of important dates and mark the calendar when either child reaches a new milestone.  For the most part, this blog is it.  Kaitlyn has a baby book, but I'm not even sure where it is at the moment and I never bought one for Jonathan.  I have notes and dates written in various calendars and planners.  Someday, I plan on gathering it all and making albums for each of the kids.  The problem is, time doesn't stand still while I'm working on catching up on documenting years past.

I've decided in 2011 my goal would be to get better about preserving the memories we are making.  Not just the big events and the grand vacations, but the day-to-day stuff, as well.  This is my plan:  Try to take at least one photo EVERY day.  If I skip a day, no big deal, I can make it up on another day.  I'll not only be taking photos of us and the kids, but also of the everyday details--what we eat, where we go, etc.  At the end of the week, I will gather photos and create a 2-page scrapbook layout for the week.  At the end of the year, I will have all of the pages printed into a 104 page memory book.  I'm really hoping that by dealing with a few photos each week I'll be able to easily keep up with it.

Here are the 2 pages for Week 1:
Close up of the left page:Close up of the right page.
I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails