3.03.2011

Getting Ready for Leprechauns

In my last post, I mentioned that I was preparing Kaitlyn for our first leprechaun visit.  Here's an explanation:

I had never heard of this until about a year ago when my friend Liane mentioned that her step-mom did this for Liane's little sister.  Since then, I've seen it all over the Mommy blogosphere and I love the idea!   Basically, a mischievous little leprechaun visits your house the night before St. Patrick's Day on the hunt for gold.  He wreaks havoc during his visit and plays little tricks--evidence that he has been there.  These tricks can include: turning the milk green with food coloring, turning the dining room chairs upside down, turning the water in the toilet bowl green, hiding your shoes...anything that your kids will think is silly.  The leprechaun will leave little treats wherever he's made a mess.  In the morning, the kids will discover the tricks played on them and will find little treats that the leprechaun left behind.

I bought the gold chocolate coins this morning, but I haven't decided which tricks our leprechaun will play.

I think it will be fun and I'm sure Kaitlyn will get a kick out of it.  As I read somewhere...why should the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny have all the fun?! :)

If you'd like some Leprechaun inspiration, check out these links:
How Does She? - St. Patrick's Day ideas
e-How: How to Stage a Leprechuan Visit
Life With a PreSchooler - Ideas

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails