5.18.2011

Kaitlyn is Growing

It has been quite a while since I've done an update on Kaitlyn and what she's been up to.  Our little girl is growing so fast and she seems to be doing so much lately that I thought I'd take a minute to post some of it before it's all forgotten.
At 28 months (not that we still count her age in months), Kaitlyn:
  • weighs approximately 25 lbs.
  • talks more than any 2 year old should.  The things that come out of her mouth continue to surprise us every day.  A few days ago, she told me that Jonathan ate from his bowl "like this" and she pretended to eat with a spoon.  I jokingly asked her if Jonathan could eat on his own yet.  She replied, "Not quite, Mommy".  I was shocked!
  • regularly calls Ron and I "Mom and Dad" instead of "Mommy and Daddy".  It sounds so grown and I'm not sure where she learned it, but we're not fans of it and we correct her.
  • is starting to sleep better.  Since we returned from our trip to Miami, we have begun reading her stories in bed and attempting to let her fall asleep on her own.  Overall, it's been going pretty well, but there are some nights where she gets out of bed 20 times before finally settling down to fall asleep.  She sleeps more at night and sometimes doesn't leave her room.  On a few occasions, she's come to our room and asked to go lay back down in her bed.
  • is still a little dare devil.  Our friends are always commenting on how adventurous she is.  One of the parks we regualary visit has a small zipline that she asked to go on.  She was a fearless pro!
  • is still wearing diapers...size 4.  She continues to ask to go on the potty before naps and bedtime, but that's it.  Last night when she got out of the tub, she was standing outside the bathroom with only her towel wrapped around her.  She looked up quickly and said "I have to go on thee potty!"  We rushed her to thee toilet and sure enough she went.  She had dripped a little on the floor, but we thought it was great that she was able to stop and tell us and finish on the potty.  Progress, I hope!
  • is apparently getting taller!  I'm not sure what her height is, but in the last week she is finally able to reach the pedals on her trikes.  She's so happy to ride around and tell us "I can do it!



Obviously,  I know she's growing, but to measure it in small accomplishments like this made it so real and made me cry tonight.  I'm so proud of the smart, adventurous, independent and silly little girl she's becoming.
  • is now also able to hold onto the stair rail when walking down the stairs.  She used to just keep a hand on the wall.  Since I've been using the rail more often because of my broken foot, she is happy to show me that she can do it too.
  • has recently declared pink as her favorite color.  When she sees something that's pink she says, "Look, it's Kiki's favorite pink."
  • is such a silly, silly girl!  She makes the funniest faces and comments and is always making us laugh.  After Daddy taught her this trick, she loved this silly game:

  • loves to sing!  She is always asking us to sing her favorite songs or play them on the radio.  This was her favorite when we were in Miami:
  • continues to love her baby brother. She still has her moments where she wants to remind him who's boss, but she generally watches out for him.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Great pictures of both kids, They are growing so fast. Love to ya'll
Grandma xoxoxox

Charmaine said...

She's adorable, Ron and Michelle, and growing up so fast.

Related Posts with Thumbnails