7.01.2011

Milestones

If all goes as planned, today will be the last day that Kaitlyn wears diapers.  Tomorrow morning we start the 3-Day Potty Training plan.  I've heard it realistically takes about 5 days, so hopefully by this time next week we will be back to buying only one size of diapers again.  Kaitlyn seems quite excited about it.  We've really been talking up the fact that she's a big girl and we'll be throwing away her diapers and she'll only wear underwear from now on.


Today I reminded her that once she's potty trained she gets a scooter as a reward.  We've been telling her that for months now, but today it really made her eyes sparkle--I think she knows how close she is to finally getting it.  I went ahead and ordered a scooter from Amazon tonight---thinking positive!  So, tonight we're rolling up the nice rugs and draping the couch cushions with towels.  During this long holiday weekend we'll be hunkered down at home, keeping a watchful eye on Kaitlyn.  Here she was tonight before bed in what we hope is her last diaper:
 

*******************
In other milestone news, I realized today that this cabinet space will soon be empty. 
No more stockpiles of Gerber food, no more formula and no more bottles.  (And as I typed that, I got a lump in my throat.)  I've already stopped my Amazon subscription of food and formula so what you see is all that's left.  It's so hard to believe how fast Jonathan's first year has gone by.  The birthday-boy shirt has been purchased and the party plans are in full effect.  This is the theme we're going with:
Cute, isn't it?

***************
My foot is still kind of bothering me.  Not always, but sometimes I'll just feel some bruising type of pain and other times I feel a sharp annoying pain.  I still haven't been able to run and I want to so badly, but I'm holding off until I get the full clearance from my doctor.  Kaitlyn still chants, "No more boot!"

***************
We've had more progress with Kaitlyn in the pool.  She's going under water more and getting more adventurous about moving off of the steps.  Today for the first time, she lowered herself into the pool and hung on to the wall.  Then (in the shallowest end) she hung onto the wall, but lowered herself until she could stand on the floor of the pool.  The water was well above her head.  We've had lots of great baby steps lately, so I'm hoping in a few more weeks she'll be close to swimming again.
 ****************
Hope you all have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails