1.07.2012

Photo Frenzy

I still have few catch-up posts to blog, but I wanted to get this one up...

Ron got me a tripod and remote shutter for Christmas (thank you, babe).  We've only used it a handful of times, but  I love having the ability to be in the pictures and take family pictures without relying on someone else being there to take them for us.  Here are some of the fun ones we've gotten so far:
Kaitlyn and I had some photo-booth-style fun while Jonathan napped.
On my birthday, we used it to get a photo of the family as they sang "Happy Birthday" to me.  My birthday "cake" was a carton of Ben & Jerry's Chucnkty Monkey.  Yum!
I obviously need some practice hiding the remote when I take the pictures!

***********************
Some of you may remember this time last year when I started a version of Project Life...taking one picture every day and creating a scrapbook.  I loved it.  I loved having photos of our family and our everyday lives.  What I started to not love was the scrapbooking part of it.  The layouts of the photos, choosing what colors to make the backgrounds, etc.  Don't get wrong, I think they are gorgeous, but actually doing them took a lot of time.  Then I fell behind on getting them done and playing catch up became too overwhelming so the project just died.  I'm sure I still took a picture a day (or close to it), but I didn't do anything with most of them.  As much of a big, fat failure the project was last year, I'm trying again.  This time, even more simplified...no creative layouts, coordinating colors, just the pictures.  Some will be taken from my nice camera, but I'm sure most will come from my iPhone because it's the camera I always have with me.  (Hopefully, blogged at the end of each month.)  Additionally, any other random photos I take (strictly from my phone) will get "dumped" here once a week.   


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails