When she was very tiny I didn't like the idea of putting those elastic headbands on her because I thought they looked uncomfortable and silly. It wasn't until my sister gave me a "Baby's 1st Fourth" outift that came with a thicker, cotton headband that I tried on Kaitlyn and thought she looked adorable (as seen here). I have since looked for more headbands like that, but have found NOTHING. My sister-in-law gave me a pink one when we were home last month and it looked just as cute:
Since I've had no luck finding more of these, I decided now that her hair is a bit longer maybe a barrette would work. Again, I searched and searched and couldn't find the kind of barrette I needed...until yesterday!
I bought a box of multicolored barrettes and tried one on her last night when Daddy got home. Before you look at the picture let me point out a few things: a) this was just before bathtime so don't mind the food on her face b) I know her hair is a mess, I wasn't going for perfection on the first attempt c) It took a lot longer than I wanted to actually get her to sit still so I could clip the darn thing on. :) So, it's not the most glamorous, but I think it will work. She'll at least have more options than just her red or pink headband.
And now maybe people will stop calling our precious little girl a BOY!



2 comments:
How could anyone possibly mistake that beautiful baby girl for a boy???
Hugs and Kisses! xoxoxoxo
I agree with Nana G! She is so precious. The pic where she's matching Madison is adorable!
Post a Comment