12.09.2018

Jingle Bell Jog - 2018

Michelle and I decided to sign up for the annual Jingle Bell Jog again this year, making it 3 years straight for us.  It's a fun event where most of the racers don the provided Santa outfits with "jingle bells" tied to their shoes, however, it's always cold for this run!  This morning it was a frosty 28 degrees when the race started so we were jumping around to stay warm.

Katie, our neighbor from across the street, joined us for the second year in a row while her husband, Chris, watched all the kids for a few hours.  Chris and the kids even made a trip out to cheer for us about half way through the run (from the comfort of their warm car).  It was good motivation to see them but they refused to give me a ride when I asked.

We all finished the race with good times and 10 fingers and 10 toes...although our toes did go numb at times.  Overall it was another fun event and the thought of cookies at the finish line made me run a little faster.  While I just barely beat out a 10 year old (not sure how that kid did it), I managed to finish 3rd in my age group.  Another good run and fun event for us!


 
 












No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails