We (sort of) rang in the New Year with our dear friends, Nick and Trish. They had us over for make-your-own-pizzas and an early toast.
Yes, that's apple cider. :) We left by 10:30 p.m. and we were all asleep by 11:15 p.m. We watched the ball drop the next morning.
A few days later, we celebrated my birthday. It was the kids' first day back at school and while they were at school, Ron and I went to lunch and to run some errands. Later that night we had pizza and cake. It was a perfect day!
Ron got quite the workout that morning!
This was him just a second after that video finished. Ha!
Someone thought it would be a good idea to try out the kids' dirt bike in the snow. Luckily, there was zero traction and it didn't work. I was preparing for a trip to the ER...not how I wanted to start the New Year!
Shockingly, they didn't cancel afternoon kindergarten, even though we got several more inches after school started and the streets hadn't been plowed! There were A LOT of unhappy parents! We heard that the school buses were behind schedule and we shouldn't rely on them, so a neighbor and I walked the girls to school. We told them that one day they could tell their children that they "had to walk a mile in the snow to get to school when I was a kid." Ha! It's surely something Ron and I never experiences as kids.
Luckily, the buses were fine and on time for taking them home.
School was canceled the following two days so we had lots of hot cocoa, a trip to the library and playtime indoors. They finally went back to school yesterday. Phew! I'm ready to get back to our routines!










No comments:
Post a Comment