Due to staffing rotations at work as a result of COVID-19, I happened to be off on Tuesday, 15 September. Michelle and I took advantage and spent the day out to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. We walked around several new places to see what they had to offer and found a few places we'll be going back to with the kids. Enjoy the pics.
First stop was a large park near the embassy that I pass every day going to and from work. Had no clue if the park was worth visiting but we were going to be passing it anyhow and it was a beautiful day out. Name of the part is Ujazdowski (pronouced Ooh-yaz-dov-ski).
We didn't realize there was a huge playground in the middle of the park. We'll definitely stop back with the kids as it seems like a place they would enjoy. The playground has 5 different areas that all meet up in the middle.
This place looked good, I assume we'll check it out at some point. It's called Whiskey in the Jar and the branding said "steakhouse and rock-n-roll"
We eventually made it to our destination for lunch, La Sirena. Michelle was interested in sampling one of the popular Mexican restaurants in Warsaw and I was happy to oblige. We didn't feel bad about the margaritas, it was after noon :)
We started with freshly made guacamole and Michelle had the shrimp burrito and I had the shredded beef tacos. It was all excellent!
The corner building with the interesting architecture looked cooler in person.
We took an Uber to one of the popular portions of the Vistula River and walked around for a bit checking out the sites. That's the soccer stadium across the river and you can also see one of the "beaches" on the other side as well. I read an article that said Warsaw's urban beaches along the Vistula River were some of the nicest in Europe. After I saw it, I felt pretty bad for the rest of the urban beaches in Europe :) And, we recently received a notice from the embassy recommending you stay out of the river for a while due to sanitation concerns. Lovely.
This was the Sappers Monument. It commemorates the lives lost by soldiers who died defusing mines and booby traps after WWII. We stumbled upon it as we were getting ready to hop on a bus to head home.
Everything looks better in person so you'll get to see as much of this as you want when you visit. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment